CHARTING THE JOURNEY
© ANIL MITRA 2012—2013
CHARTING THE JOURNEY
A Universal Journey of Realization—individual and shared.
The dimensions are the modes (ideas and action), vehicles (individual and civilization), places (nature, society and culture), and mechanics (analysis and synthesis of Being) of transformation.
Ideas—now mature they imply that ideas and text are never complete; therefore focus turns to transformation.
Transformation of Being—action—focuses on the individual transformation which is at an early stage (recall ‘In the life of the spirit, we are always at the beginning.’)
Civilization and Being—focuses on human civilization and Civilization of the Universe.
Artifact and technology—use and development of technologies for transformation of Being and Civilization of the Universe.
Ideas—the ideas are mature; two aspects of maturity (1) the ideas are innately reflexive—self-assessing and (2) completeness of foundation and breadth.
Transformation—assessment will clarify achievement, hone principles of action, suggest areas and places of activity. Brief assessment (a) Dimensions above (details in Blueprint for Realization, below) (b) Yoga in its most general sense—ways and catalysts; application—self transformation, self healing, influence and transformation in small groups (c) Places—an aspect of dimensions, from my experience and travel—nature as ground (inspiration, and source of Being and connection) and civilization and community as fabric (sustenance and sharing).
Civilization—work includes developing the idea and function of Civilization, investigating social sciences, and nature of science and implications for social science and their use. The present form of the idea of transformation has practical origin in personal and small scale group settings and is confirmed and enhanced by the metaphysics. Focused sources of particulars are Civilization and Transformation, and document Journey in being-detail.html).
Artifact and technology—component studies in which I have experience and exposure: social science, history, cosmology, and cognitive science; design, computation, and programming. These may be useful, especially in design of artifactual Being for Civilization. (e.g. artificial intelligence).
Ideas—topics for study and research
Development of the following has begun.
(1) Foundation and development of the metaphysics; inclusion of all dimensions of psyche; that as study of Being, metaphysics must be reflexive.
(2) Unification of science and Logic; and concrete and abstract objects. Analysis-synthesis of the realms harbored in Realism (Logic).
(3) Application—i.e. interaction of the metaphysics with academic disciplines and human endeavor, especially metaphysical thought of the past (e.g. Leibniz and the speculative systems,) Logic, mathematics, the sciences (fundamental physics, physical cosmology, and evolutionary biology), and science and philosophy for and of society.
(4) Science—general interpretation—local fact versus universal hypothesis versus hybrid of fact and generalization without universalization; interaction with the metaphysics. Requirement of participation and immersion for limited form.
(5) Symbolic systems—interaction with the metaphysics. Special application of the fundamental principle (the Universe is the object of Logic) to symbolic systems, e.g. language, logic and logics, set theory, mathematics, and computation and programming languages. An emphasis—mutual application of the symbolic systems (e.g., inflected languages and mathematical innovation) and mutual application with the metaphysics and Logic.
What does it imply for foundations of general (and point) set theory that set theory must have an object or objects in the one limitless Universe?
While the foregoing are of interest in the universal metaphysics and its application and implication the following are foundation for further study.
(6) The system of human knowledge as system and in its categories. For interaction with the metaphysics. See System of human knowledge.
(7) Explicit meta-study—review all aspects of the process, especially analysis and synthesis of ideas and Being—including formulation in these terms. Nature of meta and planning process.
The following concern extension to action and transformation.
(8) Extension of metaphysics to action as implied by continuity of ideas and action. Principled deployment of the dimensions.
Interaction with experience and disciplines to found and develop dimensions of transformation—modes (ideas and action), vehicles (individual and civilization), places (nature as ground—and inspiration and connection, society and culture as fabric—sustenance and sharing), and mechanics (analysis and synthesis of being—see method—with step increment-risk and consolidation by adaptation, reason and recollection).
The idea of nature as inspiration has a source in the idea of ‘Beyul’ that in Tibetan Buddhism is a hidden land whose revelation and discovery parallel and precipitate inner revelation and process.
(9) Study of ways—tradition, analysis and synthesis of Being (which include experiment: ideas cannot be developed in isolation from action) with focus on catalysts of Being in interaction with emotion-cognition.
(10) Study of artificial Being—stand alone, evolutionary, and symbiotic; technology for civilization and Civilization; cognitive science—especially, AI, A-Life: symbolic, computer implementation, and designs; reflection on and analysis of symbolic and computer models, significance, enhancements (quantum, distributed), and alternatives; development of dynamic and automated text: development—writing, revision in interaction with world (object).
(11) Theoretical and experimental study of transformations with organisms, individuals, selves, and dissolution of self—psycho-biology.
Transformation and action—report and record for immersion, sharing, and vertical interaction between execution and design.
(1) Approach. Mechanics (above in ideas).
(2) Death—adaptation to death—understanding it, its nature as horizon to this life, conditions and time for death, death as normal and real and gate to the ultimate, is a first task.
(3) Practice and action. Yoga, meditation in practice and in action and living.
(4) Place—nature (ground of individual and civilization)—gateway to insight and Universe (Beyul) and as place for physical being, immersion in Being—porosity and transience of boundaries, and experiment with self and catalysts. Aim—a place for catalytic experiments.
(5) Place—(society and culture)—travel and immersion—especially ‘secular’ institutions (e.g., culture and knowledge, politics) and ‘trans-secular’ institutions (e.g., spiritual places-institutions-persons and influence on civilization and its processes). Aim—learning from and influence on civilization and its processes.
(6) Place—(society and culture, continued)—home, normal living, transient or stable, conducive to truth and realization. An ideal—share with others who enjoy and support these aims. Aim—empower and sustain increment and understanding by shared endeavor.
(7) Method and review—in light of experiment and learning.
Civilization and Being—dimensions (see A Vision for our world); participation and immersion; and integration with transformation.
(1) Shared endeavor, research group—establish or join a research and transformation community; publishing the developments; integration with artifact and technology.
(2) Civilization of the Universe: sharing a common endeavor (above); metaphysics; retreat and return.
Artifact and Technology—use of technology in and for Civilization.
(1) Shared endeavor, research group—establish or join a research and transformation community.
See the transformation community documents linked above.
(2) Artificial Being—stand alone, design and evolution, symbiotic, and adjunct—build (hardware-software), experiment, learn; dynamic text—i.e. automation of text and ideas… and text that is interactive with ideas and life via computer implementation (software, intelligent editing, remote interaction).
(3) Experiments with organisms—especially the individual experimenting with him or herself—psycho-biology.
The present; enjoyment.
Death; understanding; adaptation—horizon for this life; gateway to ultimate via understanding and living in and meditating transience.
Program—above—ideas, transformation, civilization, artifact. Current emphasis—transformation.
Ideas—continue to develop the metaphysics, its existential side, its application to the discipline, implicit extension in action, and mechanics of transformation.
Transformation—nature as ground for catalytic experiment and inspiration; travel for cultural immersion and secular and trans-secular experience and learning.
Civilization—shared endeavor—ideas and transformation; learning, sharing, and securing of community transformation; TransCommunity.
Artifact. Metaphysics, science, technology for independent, adjunct, and symbiotic ‘artificial Being’ for transformation and population of the Universe; TransCommunity.
1. Dedicate, review-plan, meditate 2. Realization activity 3. Physical and therapeutic exercise 4. Network, relaxed enjoyment 5. Review-meditate, dedicate; sleep early.
Attitude | Transportation | Min-max (space, property and gear: time and action; money) | Place | Health (MD, DDS, lifestyle and diet) | Work and skills
Bottles, printer cartridges, TP-link
‘I dedicate my life to The Way of Being—
Adapted from the AA 3rd step prayer.
The future—this place is held for reports and narratives of the journey (ideas, plans and planning, transformations, and goals) as it unfolds.
The main elements for the future are (a) Sharing the narrative is essential to sharing the journey—the journey and narrative shall be open; the sharing will be with individuals and groups in the context of civilization (b) Reports on progress in transformation, ideas, and goals (plans).
1. Reports on transformation, ideas—for information and shared endeavor.
2. Shared authorship—open text, an aspect of a shared journey.
3. Reports on source material (see Influences and Sources, a start)
4. Reports on update of plans for the journey.
5. Review, rewrite the main ideas as one of the brief editions.
6. Review, improve, and edit this document.